Professional Recognition as a Registered Scientist (RSci)
The Registered Scientist (RSci) professional recognition award is open to members of the Society of Biology with a Level 5 qualification (England, Northern Ireland and Wales) or Level 8 qualification (Scotland) or their equivalent who can also demonstrate the required professional competences and a commitment to CPD.
Professional Recognition allows you to demonstrate your skills, knowledge and commitment to self-development at each stage of your career. By providing a pathway and assistance to progression, the Society of Biology is with you throughout your career.
Registered Scientist is a nationally recognised professional award which has a recognised standard of competence and expertise which:
• Demonstrates your skills experience and knowledge
• Signals your commitment to continuous improvement by undertaking continual professional development (CPD)
• Exemplifies your transferable skills
• Improves your professional status and recognition
• Allows the use of the letters RSci after your name
• Provides progression to the higher awards of Chartered Status
• Gives access to life- long learning via membership of the Society of Biology
For more information please contact:
020 7685 2550
To apply, please visit the MySociety portal.
Level 5 Qualifications are awards such as Foundation Degree, Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) and Higher Level Apprenticeships in STEM subjects. Level 8 Qualifications are awards such as Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) and SVQ 4 awards in STEM subjects. STEM subjects are Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Please see the qualifications and equivalency document for more information. If you don’t have a Level 5 or 8 award then you will need to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience, please see the qualifications and equivalency document on our website.