Registered Scientist Technician
Professional Recognition as a Registered Science Technician (RSciTech)
The Registered Science Technician (RSciTech) professional recognition award is open to members of the Society of Biology with a Level 3 qualification (England, Northern Ireland and Wales) or Level 6 qualification (Scotland) or their equivalent who can also demonstrate the required professional competences and a commitment to CPD.
Professional Recognition allows you to demonstrate your skills, knowledge and commitment to self-development at each stage of your career. By providing a pathway and assistance to progression, the Society of Biology is with you throughout your career.
Registered Science Technician is a nationally recognised professional award which has a recognised standard of competence and expertise which:
• Demonstrates your skills experience and knowledge
• Signals your commitment to continuous improvement by undertaking continual professional development (CPD)
• Exemplifies your transferable skills.
• Improves your professional status and recognition.
• Allows the use of the letters RSciTech after your name.
• Provides progression to the higher awards of Registered Scientist and Chartered Status.
• Gives access to life- long learning via membership of the Society of Biology.
For more information please contact
020 7685 2550
To apply please visit the MySociety portal.
Level 3 Qualifications are awards such as STEM subject A levels and BTEC National Diplomas and Certificates. Level 6 Qualifications include STEM subject Highers and SVQ 3 awards. Please see the qualifications and equivalency document for more information. STEM subjects are Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics .If you don’t have a Level 3 or 6 award then you will need to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience, please see the qualifications and equivalency document on our web site.