Member Organisation Benefits
The Society of Biology acts on behalf of all Full and Supporting Member Organisations, and invites Member Organisations to become directly involved wherever possible.
Member Organisations have the opportunity to help formulate the UK’s position with respect to the biological sciences. We create policy task forces, which meet to discuss and formulate responses to Government and other consultations. Member Organisations are invited to take part in these meetings, and contribute to the response, which is submitted on behalf of all Society members.
We work with Member Organisations to gain maximum return, jointly and individually, for collaborative input to various outreach projects. By acting as the central facilitator in a number of bioscience education, careers and outreach projects for a range of audiences, we aim to enhance and develop coordination and communication with and between Society Member Organisations and their stakeholders.
- Individual members of the Society's Full Member Organisations can take advantage of a 50% reduced rate on Society of Biology membership for the first two years, enabling them to take advantage of a range of additional benefits, including our Continuing Professional Development programme and our professional awards.
- We run a variety of courses and workshops - these are offered at a 50% discounted rate for all individual members and staff members of our Member Organisations.
- We offer free course approval for CPD purposes.
- Wider representation through the Society's membership of other organisations and coalitions.
- Members e-bulletin – monthly email containing updates on Society activities and other news of interest.
- Full Member Organisations are invited to attend and are eligible to vote at AGMs. Supporting Member Organisations may attend.
- Discounted room hire at Charles Darwin House
- Opportunity to publicise events on our website