News and Events Overview
- 2nd International Fascination of Plants Day: 18th May 2013
- 17 May 2013
The second international Fascination of Plants Day takes place on Saturday 18 May 2013, featuring events around the world to celebrate the importance of plants in our lives and landscapes. At least 35 UK events are planned - from hands-on activities and interactive exhibits, to guided walks, talks and debates.
- UKPSF responds to RHS Horticulture Matters report
- 14 May 2013
The UK Plant Sciences Federation welcomes a report released by the Royal Horticultural Society today, which reveals a drastic shortage in skills across the UK horticultural sector.
- The Biologist is highly commended at MemCom Awards 2013
- 10 May 2013
The Society’s magazine The Biologist was ‘highly commended’ as part of the 2013 MemCom awards on Thursday 9th May. The award recognises membership organisations’ creativity, effectiveness and innovation in communicating with their members.
- Mountain hay meadows – economic, social and environmental value
23 May 2013
This conference will bring together experts and practitioners to discuss and improve the valuation, appreciation, conservation and sustainable management of hay meadows.
- Yorkshire branch - Joint lecture with Royal Society of Chemistry
29 May 2013
This year the annual meeting jointly arranged with the local branch of the RSC will feature Professor Tony Hardy discussing European Food Safety. It will be hosted at the chemistry department of the University of York and attendance is free.
- Northern Ireland branch - Forensic Science
29 May 2013
A day out to learn about forensic science. Places are limited to 20 so reserve now by contacting organiser Jonathan Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For better or worse: the dual use of biology
20 May 2013
- Species of the week- The Chiffchaff (Phylloscopus collybita)
17 May 2013
- Action for Brain Injury Week
14 May 2013
- Species of the week: the parasitic barnacle Sacculina
10 May 2013
- Shout louder
09 May 2013
- Environmentalism- what are our motivations?
03 May 2013