Physics meets Biology
Start/Finish date: 3rd September 2012
Start/Finish time: 5th September 2012
Location: University of Oxford, Oxford
Member Price: £
Non-Member Price: £
Event type: Conference
An Institute of Physics events sponsored by the Society of Biology and the University of Oxford.
Biologically inspired physics is an extraordinarily wide field, covering the behaviour of systems from single molecular machines to organisms and even ecosystems.
Physics meets Biology 2012 will provide a broad view of the most recent and exciting research across a broad range of topics and scales. Its scope includes physical probes and imaging, bionanotechnology, molecular machinery, cytoskeletal mechanics, signalling, control, neural systems, development, evolution and ecology. There will be a special session devoted to teaching biological physics.
• Thomas Barends, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research,
• Hendrik Dietz, Technical University Munich, Germany
• Athene Donald, University of Cambridge, UK
• Robert Endres, Imperial College London, UK
• John Girkin, Durham University, UK
• Rhoda Hawkins, University of Sheffield, UK
• Stefan Hell, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry,
• Martin Howard, John Innes Centre, UK
• Achilles Kapanidis, University of Oxford, UK
• Douglas Kell, University of Manchester/BBSRC, UK
• Daniel Robert, University of Bristol, UK
• Sandra Schmid, Scripps Research Institute, USA
• Ben Simons, University of Cambridge, UK
• Viola Vogel, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
• Dek Woolfson, University of Bristol, UK
Abstract submission deadline: 6 June 2012
Notification of acceptance: 26 June 2012
Early registration deadline: 27 July 2012
Registration deadline: 24 Aug
To book a place and for more information please see the Institute of Physics website.
Institute of Physics< Back to Events